About the Cuboss background skins (Qiyi Clock inserts)
The designs are actually two different skins. One we call Galaxy, where the purple background is placed on the black side of the Qiyi Clock and the blue background is placed on the white side. The second motif is a Rubik’s pattern that fits well on both sides. In the picture gallery you can see how it looks on both sides. Of course, you can mix and match exactly how you want on your Clock. The change takes only a few minutes and you can easily switch between different motifs. Since no glue is needed, your skins are not damaged when you replace them. This background does not lie on top of the individual dials and therefore does not cause any extra friction, so the performance of the puzzle remains unchanged.
N.B.: Of course, you can still use your Qiyi Clock in speedcubing competitions even after you have mounted your new background, as they are fully approved according to the WCA regulations.
How to mount them
Be careful when working with the puzzle so you don’t damage anything or lose pieces. We do not offer free spare parts for the Clock in case you lose nuts or similar, but they can be ordered here.
1. Unscrew the four screws.
2. Carefully turn the Clock over while making sure it stays together.
3. Carefully remove the “protective glass” that sits on the Clock. Make sure you don’t lose the four nuts that are now on the protective glass.
4. Place the background on the clock without glue or adhesive. Don’t forget to check that you put the background in the right direction (the arrows should point in the same direction as the 12 (II)).
5. Then put the protective glass back and make sure the nuts are in place.
6. Carefully turn the Clock over while making sure it stays together.
7. Carefully remove the “protective glass” that sits on the Clock.
8. Place the background on the clock without glue or adhesive. Don’t forget to check that you put the background in the right direction (the arrows should point in the same direction as the 12 (II)).
9. Put the protective glass back on.
10. Tighten the four screws. Make sure the nuts on the back are still in place so the screw goes through the nuts. Note that you don’t need to screw very hard, if you tighten the screws too hard, the clock will turn more slowly.
We can do the assembly for you
If you don’t already own a Qiyi Clock, we can do the assembly for you. You can add assembly on the Qiyi Magnetic Clock product page.
There are no reviews yet.